Wednesday, July 11, 2007

More Berlin and BIG NEWS

I am now sitting in an internet cafe in Munich. Berlin was such a blast, we went on a walking tour of the city, went to the Allies museum, went up the Reichstag, and went to the concentration camp outside the city. We spent five nights in the city and honestly weren't ready to leave. Nonetheless, we headed off at 8 in the morning for Munich. We were quickly stopped however, because the German railway workers were on strike! I think this may be the first time in history that a German train wasn't efficient. We ended up getting a taxi from the U-Bahn station to the main train station and were lucky enough to have our train be one of the only ones not to be cancelled! We got on the train with a big relief and then about an hour in were stopped on the tracks for over an hour and a half. Apparently, the person who changed the tracks was on strike and we had to wait until 11 o´clock until the strike was over. geesh! WE just barely made our connection, and had to sprint to the next train...on which the BIG NEWS happened.

Our train was about to get in (in about 20 minutes) when I see some guy walk past to the bathroom. I look closer (I can´t see very well to begin with) and...I think I see...oh my God, is that RICK STEVES!? oh my, god, I think it IS Rick Steves.

....uh oh, run out of time. To be continued...

3 comments:

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa said...

Rick, Rick, Is that you?

Scott said...

Did you invite him to dinner? Roses can be very persistent!